Go Back to All Balloon Ride Locations
Experience the stunning beauty of the Peak District from a unique perspective with a Bakewell hot air balloon adventure.
Launching into the sky, you'll soar above the picturesque Derbyshire countryside, with breathtaking views in every direction. The rugged hills and sweeping valleys of the Peak District National Park are particularly awe-inspiring.
Don't miss the chance to spot famous local landmarks, such as Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, or follow the winding rivers Derwent and Wye from above.
On a clear day, you may even be able to see as far as Matlock, Chesterfield or Buxton, and catch a glimpse of the distant skylines of Sheffield and Nottingham.
Experience the tranquility and thrill of a Bakewell hot air balloon adventure, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take flight and see the beauty of the Peak District like never before.
Things To Do In Bakewell Besides Balloon Rides
Bakewell is a charming town with a rich history and picturesque surroundings. Here's a list of things to experience in Bakewell:
- Visit Bakewell Old House Museum: Explore this fascinating museum housed in a 16th-century building, offering insights into the town's history and local life.
- Stroll along the River Wye: Enjoy a leisurely walk along the scenic riverbanks, taking in the serene views and possibly feeding the ducks.
- Sample a Bakewell Pudding or Tart: Indulge in the town's most famous culinary creation, the Bakewell Pudding or Bakewell Tart, available in various bakeries and cafes.
- Explore Haddon Hall: Located just a short drive from Bakewell, this medieval manor house is steeped in history and offers stunning gardens to wander through.
- Discover Chatsworth House and Gardens: Visit one of England's most magnificent stately homes, surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens and parkland.
- Browse the Bakewell Farmers' Market: If you're visiting on a specific market day, explore the stalls selling local produce, crafts, and artisan goods.
- Take a Walk in Lathkill Dale: Enjoy a scenic hike along the Lathkill Dale Nature Reserve, known for its limestone scenery and diverse wildlife.
- Visit All Saints Church: Admire the architecture and history of this ancient church, which dates back to the 12th century.
- Explore the Peak District National Park: Bakewell is situated in the heart of the Peak District, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, and rock climbing.
- Sample Local Produce: Visit nearby farms and food producers to taste local cheeses, meats, and other artisanal products.
- Enjoy Afternoon Tea: Experience the quintessentially British tradition of afternoon tea at one of Bakewell's charming tearooms.
- Visit the Bakewell Bookshop: Browse a wide selection of books in this independent bookshop, which also often hosts author events.
- Go Cycling on the Monsal Trail: This converted railway line offers a scenic route for cycling, walking, or horse riding through the stunning Derbyshire countryside.
- Take a Cooking Class or Workshop: Some local businesses offer classes in baking, cooking, or crafting, providing a hands-on experience of local traditions.
- Explore the Town Centre and Shops: Wander around Bakewell's historic town centre, browsing the independent shops, boutiques, and galleries.
Remember to check the opening hours and availability of attractions, especially if you're visiting on specific days or during particular seasons. Enjoy your time in Bakewell!