Go Back to All Balloon Ride Locations
Trentham Gardens is a magnificent setting, and part of the hugely successful Trentham Estate, which incorporates a high quality range of retail outlets and restaurants in addition to the beautifully restored Italian Gardens. On the edge of the Estate you will find the wonderful Monkey Forest - a unique treat for the whole family - where we also occasionally launch the balloons (without monkey help!).
Trentham is located close to the Potteries, and is within 10 minutes of the M6 (jct 15). Similarly, Shugborough Hall is only about 10 minutes from junction 13 of the M6, close to Stafford. Both venues allow easy access to other attractions such as Alton Towers, Wedgwood and Drayton Manor Park to name but a few.
There Are More To Do In Trentham Gardens Than Hot Air Ballooning
Trentham Gardens offers a range of delightful experiences for visitors. Here's a list of things to experience before or after your balloon ride:
- Explore the Italian Gardens: Take a leisurely stroll through the beautifully landscaped Italian Gardens, designed by renowned garden designer Tom Stuart-Smith.
- Admire the Floral Displays: Enjoy the vibrant and meticulously maintained flowerbeds, showcasing an array of seasonal blooms.
- Visit the Trentham Garden Centre: Explore the garden centre, which offers a variety of plants, gardening supplies, and unique gifts.
- Walk Around the Trentham Lake: Take a scenic walk around the mile-long lake, where you can spot wildlife and enjoy picturesque views.
- Discover the Hide and Play Area: Bring children to the Hide and Play Area, a natural play space with tunnels, slides, and climbing features.
- Experience the Sensory Garden: Immerse yourself in the Sensory Garden, designed to engage all five senses with its aromatic plants, textures, and soothing sounds.
- Visit the Fairy Trail: Delight in the enchanting Fairy Trail, where children (and adults!) can search for whimsical fairy sculptures hidden throughout the gardens.
- Enjoy the Lakeside Walk: Take a serene walk along the lakeside promenade, offering panoramic views of the water and surrounding greenery.
- Indulge in Retail Therapy: Explore the Trentham Shopping Village, featuring a range of boutique shops, cafes, and eateries.
- Dine at Trentham Gardens: Enjoy a meal or afternoon tea at one of the on-site restaurants, offering a variety of culinary options to suit different tastes.
- Visit the Monkey Forest: While not part of the Trentham Gardens per se, it's located nearby. Experience a unique opportunity to observe Barbary macaques in a natural woodland setting.
- Attend Seasonal Events and Activities: Check the calendar for special events, workshops, and activities that may be happening during your visit.
- Photograph the Gardens: Capture the beauty of the gardens through photography, whether you're a professional or simply looking to snap some memorable shots.
- Relax in the Peace and Tranquility: Find a quiet spot to unwind and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the gardens.
Remember to check the Trentham Gardens website or contact them directly for any specific events, seasonal features, or updated information about the attractions. Enjoy your visit!